• Articles are accepted in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
• You will receive an acknowledgement email as soon as we have received and processed the article.
• All submissions should conform to the MLA Style Manual.
• Please submit article through the Journal Management System on our website at Ubiquity Press, located at https://www.lalrp.net/
Articles that have been accepted for publication in the Review must be re-sent electronically to LALR completely proofread and ready for processing and online upload according to the following specifications:
- Only one space should follow periods and other punctuation.
- Endnote numbers should be placed after parentheses, periods, and other punctuation.
- Use italicizing function to designate titles, foreign words, etc.
- Use Tabs function to create paragraphs and offsets.
The views expressed by the contributors do not necessarily represent those of the Editors.
A NOTE ON DISCOVERY:
Increasingly, colleagues and students have been using search engines like Google and Yahoo to find research material, rather than the MLA International Bibliography, or scanning library shelves. Best practices for online discovery include:
- Google values the beginnings of titles more than the end, so it is important to have your searchable terms first in the title.
- Use no more than 40 characters, including spaces.
- Consider how readers will search, and use terminology that is frequently searched while also being specific to your study: eg, “Che Guevara in Bolivia” rather than “Hasta siempre comandante: Building upon the legacy of Che Guevara in Contemporary Bolivia.” The first is searchable because it is clear and includes likely search terms. The latter title is less discoverable because it is too long and not framed in likely search phrases.
- Make sure to think carefully about your keywords (which help with discovery of your article) and abstract (the first thing researchers will see about your article).